I am a Kamilaroi descendent. A designer, strategist and researcher working across ‘disciplines‘. Creative processes relative to context, and critically informed by environmental and social responsibilities drives my approach through this ever shifting and unsettled world.
- Creative Director of Relative Creative, a design, arts and strategic consultancy and creative practice.
- Work creatively across visual communication design, product design, fashion design, interior design, event and exhibition design, design writing, design strategy, social innovation, participatory and co-design and more. Projects have fit the form of traditional and contemporary disciplines such as: print design, web design, information design, interactive media design, publication design, typographic design, branding and marketing, advertising and campaigns, environmental graphics design, psycho-social and psycho-geographic mapping and urban space activation.
- Significant experience running community engagement and cultural events including on the Gold Coast (Sold Coast) and in Brisbane (Repairing the Future of Queensland), with Aboriginal communities (GNIBI) and with kids (Silkwood).
- Completed creative contracts and grants funding with a number of organisations (GCML, Karulbo, Australia Council, Arts Queensland, City of Gold Coast) and numerous businesses.
- A great earlier career as designer in the action sports industry including Design Manager for Billabong, the worlds leading surf brand.
- Mid 2014 – onward: Lecturer & Convenor Visual Communication Design Major, Design Futures, QCA, Griffith University, Brisbane.
- 2012 – mid 2014 – Sessional tutor at QCA, Griffith University, Brisbane, presented a number of guest lectures in Australia and overseas
- Doctoral Candidate, Griffith University – Current
- Master of Design Futures with Honours, Queensland College of Art-Griffith University South Bank, Brisbane – 2013
- Bachelor of Design, awarded academic excellence, Queensland College of Art-Griffith University Gold Coast. Major in Product and 3D Design – 2006
- 2014-17 – Australia Council for the Arts Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Arts Strategy Panel Member
- 2015-17 – Blakdance Board Member and Deputy Chair
- Redirective Practice President